This page contains information on the latest vacant posts within DoC, with the relevant application form to complete.
- Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment form (Z.83) [PDF] 31 kb.
- The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document. The certification must be within three (3) months. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement, to: The DG, Department of Communications, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to Tshedimosetso House, 1035 Francis Baard Street, Hatfield, Pretoria for attention Mr A Khameli
The DoC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications and identity document. (Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the application being disqualified). Certification stamp must not be older than three months. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personal suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, and qualification and employment verification).
For vacancies at other government departments, see Vacancies on the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) website
Internal Auditor (12 months contract) - Directorate: Internal Audit and Risk Management
Salary: R171 069 per annum excluding benefits
Requirements: A recognized 3-year National Diploma or B Tech or Bachelor’s degree in Internal Audit/Accounting. At least 2 years’ experience in financial and systems audits (incl. data analytics) / regularity audits or performance audits within internal or external auditing environment. Knowledge and understanding of government policies and regulations i.e. PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Public Service Act and Regulations, Teammate). Skills: Good communication (written and verbal). Computer skills. Project management. Analytical skills. Excellent client relations and research skills. Ability to work in a team and under pressure. Interpersonal relations and flexibility.
Duties: Plan and execute audit projects allocated in line with the Internal Audit section’s annual operational plan and in compliance with the IIA Professional Practice Framework. Conduct follow-up audits on previous audit projects to determine whether management has implemented commitments made since the last audit. Assist with the execution of ad-hoc audit requests.