Welcome to the 2nd African Preparatory Meeting WTSA/WCIT 12
- The World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly is held every four years and defines the next period of study for ITU-T. Preparations for WTSA-12 will take place throughout 2012, notably in regional preparatory meetings.
- The duties of the World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly are set forth in Article 18 of the ITU Constitution. Article 13 of the ITU Convention provides that the WTSA shall be convened “to consider specific matters related to telecommunication standardization”.
- The Assembly also will review working methods including approval processes, the work programme and the structure of Study Groups.
- Plenipotentiary Resolution 122 (rev. Guadalajara, 2010) further addresses the evolving role of the WTSA.
- A one-day Global Standards Symposium (GSS) will be held the day before WTSA.
- Regional preparatory meetings will be organized in coordination with by regional telecommunication organizations. The Secretary-General has sent a letter to these organizations requesting their assistance. The regional preparatory meetings for WTSA-12 will be held back-to-back with the regional preparatory meetings for WCIT-12.