This page contains information on the latest vacant posts within DoC, with the relevant application form to complete
- Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment form (Z.83) [PDF] 31 kb.
- The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document. The certification must be within three (3) months. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement, to: The DG, Department of Communications, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered to Tshedimosetso House, 1035 Francis Baard Street, Hatfield, Pretoria for attention Mr A Khameli
The DoC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications and identity document. (Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the application being disqualified). Certification stamp must not be older than three months. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personal suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, and qualification and employment verification).
For vacancies at other government departments, see Vacancies on the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) website
Salary: All-inclusive remuneration package R1 127 334.00
Requirements: Qualifications and Experience: A recognised undergraduate qualification in Commercial or Corporate Governance (NQF level 7) or related field as recognised by SAQA. 5 years’ experience in senior management level. Experience as a Company Secretary and knowledge of public sector State Owned Entities (SOEs) environment will be an added advantage. Skills: Extensive knowledge of corporate governance legislative environment. Knowledge of the applicable policies and legislations in the broadcasting and media sector including Independent Communication Authority of South Africa Act, Public Finance Management Act and related financial regulations, Companies Act, Corporate Governance Guidelines including King IV Report. Adequate stakeholder management experience. Ability to operate under pressure. Competencies: Strategic Capability and Leadership. People Management and Empowerment. Programme and Project Management. Financial Management. Change Management. Knowledge Management. Service Delivery Innovation. Problem Solving and Analysis. Client Orientation and Focus.
Duties: Manage the implementation of good and sound corporate governance practices in public entities and regulatory institutions reporting to the Department of Communications through: Facilitation and coordination of the Minister’s bilateral forum, DG/CEOs forum, Annual General Meetings (AGMs), Company Secretaries forum, Policy and Regulation forum and Strategic Planning and Performance Monitoring forum. Reviewing and updating Governance Instruments (Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI), Shareholder Compacts). Facilitation of board appointments. Attending to legal matters confronting the entities and advice accordingly.
Reference number: CD: EO/07/2018
Enquiries: Ms Mathope Thusi, Tel (012) (473 0174)
Closing date: 13 August 2018
Salary: All-inclusive remuneration package R948 174.00 per annum
Requirements: Qualifications and experience: A recognised Degree in Public Administration or related field (NQF level 7). 5 years’ experience at middle/ senior management level. Knowledge and understanding: Knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation and regulations that govern the Public Service including the PFMA and Treasury Regulations, the Public Service Act, the Labour Relations Act etc. Knowledge of parliamentary and cabinet procedures. Knowledge of Government policies, processes and protocol. Knowledge of the mandate of the department, its approaches and programmes. Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels. Strong strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, proficiency in the application of the MS Office Packages (Word, Power Point and Excel). Competencies: Strategic Capability and Leadership. People Management and Empowerment. Programme and Project Management. Financial Management. Change Management. Knowledge Management. Service Delivery Innovation. Problem Solving and Analysis. Client Orientation and Customer Focus. Honesty and Integrity
Duties: Coordinate strategic input of the department and other department’s cabinet memoranda and cluster submissions in order to align the work of the department with the rest of Government. Provide strategic and administrative support to the department and Ministry in relation to Cabinet and enable seamless integration of content to be submitted to Cabinet. Provide strategic and administrative support to the department and Ministry in relation to Parliament and Parliamentary issues to enable seamless integration of content to be submitted to Parliament. Manage and coordinate departmental responses to Parliamentary questions in order to ensure that the department is compliant with Parliamentary rules and procedures. Manage and co-ordinate matters relating to Portfolio Committee issues, Cabinet and Cabinet Committee decisions for the department. Monitor and analyse debates and events in Parliament and bring the relevant information to the attention of the Director General. Monitor meetings of committees of houses of parliament relevant to the departmental portfolio. Provide support in respect of key parliamentary events, such as tabling of budget vote.
Reference number: D: CS/07/18
Enquiries: Ms Pari Pillay, Tel 012 473 0223
Closing date: 30 July 2018